Participating Anonymously on H-I-V.net
Sometimes, it can be difficult to talk about HIV/AIDS. With the stigma that often surrounds HIV/AIDS, you may not want to share your diagnosis with everyone in your life. Even if you choose to be more private, you may still want to connect with others in the community.
At H-I-V.net, there are ways to participate, get information, and connect with others without revealing your identity.
Creating an anonymous username on H-I-V.net is the best way to engage with the HIV community without revealing your identity. Check out the instructions below to learn more about how to participate anonymously.
Create an anonymous username
- Choose a username that does not use your first and last name, and avoid any nicknames that might easily identify you.
- Register for H-I-V.net
- Enter your anonymous username
- Enter your email address. Your email will not be visible to other users on H-I-V.net, and we never sell or give away email addresses. Your email will be used to login to your account and receive an H-I-V.net weekly newsletter, if you choose.
Talk about your HIV journey
Once you log in, you will be able to participate on H-I-V.net while also maintaining your privacy. You can share as much or as little as you want about your HIV/AIDS journey & experiences. If you choose to remain anonymous, make sure you do not post anything that includes personal information about your identity.
Some examples of identifying information might include:
- Your location (generally, mentioning your state or country is fine!)
- Full names of your family members or friends
- Your place of employment
- Detailed medical information
Write an anonymous story to share what you're going through with the community. Your story can be about whatever you want within the realm of living with HIV or supporting someone living with HIV. Remember to not include any of the identifying information listed above if you'd like to remain anonymous.
Read some of the stories already submitted by other H-I-V.net community members.
Comment on articles
At H-I-V.net, our community advocates write articles about life with HIV/AIDS. If a particular article speaks to you, you can feel free to comment and share your thoughts, knowing that only your anonymous username will be visible.
Now you know the many ways to participate on H-I-V.net while feeling confident that your activity will be completely private.
Thanks for being part of our community!
At what age were you diagnosed with HIV?