Nutrition and Exercise
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: September 2019
- Diet and Nutrition and HIV: Entire Lesson. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. https://www.hiv.va.gov/patient/daily/diet/single-page.asp. Published May 2, 2019. Accessed August 10, 2019.
- Food Safety and Nutrition. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: HIV.gov. https://www.hiv.gov/hiv-basics/living-healthy-with-hiv/taking-care-of-yourself/food-safety-and-nutrition. Published May 17, 2019. Accessed August 10, 2019.
- Nutrition and Exercise When You Have HIV. American Academy of Family Physicians: familydoctor.org. https://familydoctor.org/nutrition-and-exercise-when-you-have-hiv/. Published February 9, 2018. Accessed August 10, 2019.
- Healthy Living with HIV: Can my HIV or my HIV Treatment Affect My Diet and Nutrition? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/livingwithhiv/healthy-living.html. Published August 6, 2019. Accessed August 10, 2019.
- Nosrat S, Whitworth JW, Ciccolo JT. Exercise and mental health of people living with HIV: A systematic review. Chronic Illn. Dec 2017; 13(4), 299-319. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29119865. Accessed August 10, 2019.
- Kamitani E, Sipe TA, et al. Evaluating the effectiveness of physical exercise interventions in persons living with HIV: Overview of systematic reviews. AIDS Educ Prev. 1 Aug 2018; 29(4), 347-363. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5942186/. Accessed August 10, 2019.
- Simpson RJ, Kunz H, Agha N, Graff R. Exercise and the regulation of immune functions. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2015; 135, 355-80.