HIV and Pregnancy
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: September 2019
- Nakamura KJ, Heath L, et al. Breast milk and in utero transmission of HIV-1 select for envelope variants with unique molecular signatures. Retrovirology. 26 Jan 2017; 14(6). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5267468/. Accessed July 25, 2019.
- HIV and Pregnancy. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/HIV-and-Pregnancy?IsMobileSet=false. Published July 2017. Accessed July 25, 2019.
- Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV. World Health Organization. https://www.who.int/hiv/topics/mtct/about/en/. Accessed June 20, 2019.
- HIV and Pregnant Women, Infants, and Children. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/gender/pregnantwomen/index.html. Published June 12, 2019. Accessed July 25, 2019.
- Prenatal and Perinatal Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/Clinical-Guidance-and-Publications/Committee-Opinions/Committee-on-Obstetric-Practice/Prenatal-and-Perinatal-Human-Immunodeficiency-Virus-Testing?IsMobileSet=false. Published August 22, 2018. Accessed July 25, 2019.
- Hughes Bm Cu-Uvin S. Antiretroviral and intrapartum management of pregnant HIV-infected women and their infants in resource-rich settings. UpToDate. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/antiretroviral-and-intrapartum-management-of-pregnant-hiv-infected-women-and-their-infants-in-resource-rich-settings. Published July 1, 2019. Accessed July 25, 2019.