Baked Sweet Potato Fries
These are a staple of my meal prep. Everyone knows I’m serious about my nutrition and while I do see food as fuel, it also has to be enjoyable. French fries are a guilty pleasure of mine so these not only satisfy that craving but also are a great source of carbs for fueling a workout or a busy day.
Serving: 8-10 fries
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for baked sweet potato fries
- 1.5 pounds sweet potatoes cleaned (You can peel them, but I like the skin)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of course salt (Kosher or pink Himalayan are great options)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prep and cooking directions
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the oven rack in the middle.
- Place baking sheet in oven while preheating for 10 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the oven to preheat, cut potatoes into sticks 1/2 inch wide and 2-3 inches long. (Don’t throw away smaller bits; they will just crisp more.)
- Toss potatoes in oil and salt in large mixing bowl, coating evenly.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on hot baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then, flip fries and bake for an additional 10 minutes. (Potatoes should be golden and baked through.)
- Sprinkle with pepper and enjoy.
- calories: 199
- carbohydrate: 33g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 5g
- monounsaturated fat: 5g
- potassium: 548mg
- protein: 3g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 90mg
- sugars: 7g
- total fat: 7g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: H-I-V.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the US FDA.
At what age were you diagnosed with HIV?