Baked Sweet Potato Fries
These are a staple of my meal prep. Everyone knows I’m serious about my nutrition and while I do see food as fuel, it also has to be enjoyable. French fries are a guilty pleasure of mine so these not only satisfy that craving but also are a great source of carbs for fueling a workout or a busy day.
Serving: 8-10 fries
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for baked sweet potato fries
- 1.5 pounds sweet potatoes cleaned (You can peel them, but I like the skin)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of course salt (Kosher or pink Himalayan are great options)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prep and cooking directions
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the oven rack in the middle.
- Place baking sheet in oven while preheating for 10 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the oven to preheat, cut potatoes into sticks 1/2 inch wide and 2-3 inches long. (Don’t throw away smaller bits; they will just crisp more.)
- Toss potatoes in oil and salt in large mixing bowl, coating evenly.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on hot baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then, flip fries and bake for an additional 10 minutes. (Potatoes should be golden and baked through.)
- Sprinkle with pepper and enjoy.
- calories: 199
- carbohydrate: 33g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 5g
- monounsaturated fat: 5g
- potassium: 548mg
- protein: 3g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 90mg
- sugars: 7g
- total fat: 7g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: H-I-V.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Would you like to see articles on aging and HIV? (Select all that apply)