It’s still cold here in Kansas. Like much of the country, we have had a great deal of ups and downs temperatures. But, while we wait for spring to arrive, I took a winter comfort food and gave it a healthier spin. I made plenty to eat for the whole week, but you can definitely cut this recipe in half.
Serving: 1 cup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Ingredients for a ground turkey chili
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast (I use 93 percent lean)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 12-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 package of chili seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups of water
Directions for cooking the chili
- In a large pot add oil, garlic, onion and peppers and sauce on medium to high heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add ground turkey and cook until there is no more pink color in the meat. Add dried seasonings and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add cans of diced tomatoes, water, and beans.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 30-45 mins until chili thickens.
- Taste and add salt as needed. Enjoy!
- calories: 293
- carbohydrate: 25g
- cholesterol: 85mg
- fiber: 6g
- potassium: 734mg
- protein: 27g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 464g
- sugar: 9g
- total fat: 9g
- trans fat: 0g
Disclaimer: H-I-V.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100 percent accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the US FDA.
Do you plan on getting the COVID-19 vaccine?