Salmon Nicoise Salad
You can also replace the salmon with a protein of your liking (tuna, shrimp, scallops, chicken breast, or steak). The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
Salmon nicoise salad ingredients
- 8 ounces small purple potatoes or baby potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 4 ounces haricots verts, trimmed or 1 bunch asparagus
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons and ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup drained capers, patted dry
- 1 pound skin-on salmon fillet
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 anchovy fillets packed in oil, optional
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 whole lemon
- ½ medium shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cups butter lettuce or mixed greens
- 2 cucumbers (preferably English cucumbers), sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup Niçoise olives, pitted (Kalamata)
- Place washed potatoes in a medium saucepan and add cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, season with salt, and cook until fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Return water to a boil and cook haricots verts or asparagus in the same saucepan until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of ice water. Chill until cold, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels and pat dry.
- Return water in the pot to a boil and cook eggs, 8 minutes. Transfer eggs to bowl of ice water and chill until cold, about 5 minutes. Peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add capers and cook, swirling pan occasionally, until capers burst and are crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer capers with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Let oil cool and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Rub salmon all over with reserved caper oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast until medium-rare (fish will be slightly translucent in the center), 10 to 12 minutes. Cook 3 to 5 more minutes if you prefer your salmon to be a little more on the medium side). Let cool.
- Meanwhile, mash anchovies (if using), mustard, and sugar in a large bowl to form a coarse paste. Remove peel and white pith from lemon. Working over a bowl, cut between membranes of lemon to release segments. Squeeze remaining juice from membranes into bowl; discard membranes. Whisk in shallot, then slowly whisk in remaining ¼ cup oil. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, break salmon into large flakes and discard the skin. Halve reserved potatoes and eggs crosswise.
- Arrange crisp romaine or mixed greens on a platter; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle half of dressing. Top in separate piles with potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, haricots verts, hard-boiled eggs, olives, and salmon. Drizzle salad with remaining dressing and top with fried capers.
Disclaimer: H-I-V.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100 percent accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the US FDA.
How often do you explain U=U to others?