Clinical Latency Stage
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: September 2019
- How Can You Tell if You Have HIV? U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: HIV.gov. https://www.hiv.gov/hiv-basics/overview/about-hiv-and-aids/symptoms-of-hiv. Published June 21, 2019. Accessed June 25, 2019.
- Symptoms and Stages of HIV Infection. Avert: Global Information and Education on HIV and AIDS. https://www.avert.org/about-hiv-aids/symptoms-stages. Published September 28, 2018. Accessed June 25, 2019.
- Stages of HIV Infection. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: HIV Risk Reduction Tool. https://wwwn.cdc.gov/hivrisk/what_is/stages_hiv_infection.html. Accessed June 25, 2019.
- Hare CB. Clinical Overview of HIV Disease. HIVInSite: University of California San Francisco. http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite?page=kb-00&doc=kb-03-01-01. Published December 8, 2009. Accessed June 25, 2019.
- Sax PE. The Natural History and Clinical Features of HIV Infection in Adults and Adolescents. UpToDate. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/the-natural-history-and-clinical-features-of-hiv-infection-in-adults-and-adolescents. Published July 24, 2018. Accessed June 25, 2019.
- HIV Treatment: The Basics. United States Department of Health and Human Services: AIDSinfo. https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/understanding-hiv-aids/fact-sheets/21/51/hiv-treatment--the-basics. Published January 15, 2019. Accessed June 25, 2019.
- Teeraananchai S, Kerr SJ, Amin J, Ruxrungtham K, Law MG. Life expectancy of HIV-positive people after starting combination antiretroviral therapy: A meta-analysis. HIV Med. Apr 2017; 18(4), 256-266.
- Eisinger RW, Dieffenbach CW, Fauci AS. HIV viral load and transmissibility of HIV infection: Undetectable equals untransmittable. JAMA. 5 Feb 2019; 321(5), 451-452.
- The Science is Clear: With HIV, Undetectable Equals Untransmittable. National Institutes of Health: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/science-clear-hiv-undetectable-equals-untransmittable. Published January 10, 2019. Accessed June 25, 2019.