Issues with Treatment
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: September 2019
- Rodger AJ, Lodwick R, Schechter M, et al. Mortality in well controlled HIV in the continuous antiretroviral therapy arms of the SMART and ESPIRIT trials compared with the general population. AIDS. 27 Mar 2013; 27(6), 973-979.
- The Antiretroviral Therapy Cohort Collaboration. Survival of HIV-positive patients starting antiretroviral therapy between 1996 and 2013: A collaborative analysis of cohort studies. The Lancet HIV. 1 Aug 2017; 4(8), PE349-E356. Available from: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanhiv/article/PIIS2352-3018(17)30066-8/fulltext. Accessed July 30, 2019.
- Teeraananchai S, Kerr SJ, Amin J, Ruxrungtham K, Law MG. Life expectancy of HIV-positive people after starting combination antiretroviral therapy: A meta-analysis. HIV Med. Apr 2017; 18(4), 256-266.
- Schaecher KL. The Importance of Treatment Adherence in HIV. Am J Manag Care. 2013; 19(12 suppl), S231-S237. Available from: https://www.ajmc.com/journals/supplement/2013/a472_sep13_hiv/a472_sep13_schaecher_s231. Accessed July 30, 2019.
- HIV Treatment: HIV Treatment Adherence. United States Department of Health and Human Services: AIDSinfo. https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/understanding-hiv-aids/fact-sheets/21/54/hiv-treatment-adherence. Published February 18, 2019. Accessed July 30, 2019.
- AIDS-Defining Illnesses. United States Department of Veterans Affairs. https://www.hiv.va.gov/patient/diagnosis/OI-AIDS-defining-illnesses.asp. Published February 8, 2018. Accessed July 30, 2019.
- Giordano TP, Giffor AL, et al. Retention in care: A challenge to survival with HIV infection. Clinical Infectious Diseases. June 2007; 44(11), 1493-9. Available from: https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/44/11/1493/477758. Accessed July 30, 2019.
- Access Challenges for HIV Treatment: Among People Living with HIV and Key Populations in Middle-Income Countries. Policy Recommendations. Partnership of Global Network of People Living with HIV, Global Network of Sex Work Project, International Network of People Who Use Drugs, Global Forum on MSM and HIV, and International Treatment Preparedness Coalition. https://msmgf.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Access_Challenges_for_HIV_treatment_KAPs.pdf. Published 2013. Accessed July 30, 2019.
- Kinsler JJ, Wong MD, et al. The effect of perceived stigma from a health care provider on access to care among a low-income HIV-positive population. AIDS Patient Care and STDs. 21 Aug 2007; 21(8), 584-92.
- Sayles JN, Wong MD, et al. The association of stigma with self-reported access to medical care and antiretroviral therapy adherence in persons living with HIV/AIDS. Journal of General Internal Medicine. Oct 2009; 24, 1101-8. Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11606-009-1068-8. Accessed July 30, 2019.