Access and Cost of HIV Treatment
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: September 2019
- Giordano TP, Giffor AL, et al. Retention in care: A challenge to survival with HIV infection. Clinical Infectious Diseases. June 2007; 44(11), 1493-9. Available from: https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/44/11/1493/477758. Accessed July 30, 2019.
- Access Challenges for HIV Treatment: Among People Living with HIV and Key Populations in Middle-Income Countries. Policy Recommendations. Partnership of Global Network of People Living with HIV, Global Network of Sex Work Project, International Network of People Who Use Drugs, Global Forum on MSM and HIV, and International Treatment Preparedness Coalition. https://msmgf.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Access_Challenges_for_HIV_treatment_KAPs.pdf. Published 2013. Accessed July 30, 2019.
- Kinsler JJ, Wong MD, et al. The effect of perceived stigma from a health care provider on access to care among a low-income HIV-positive population. AIDS Patient Care and STDs. 21 Aug 2007; 21(8), 584-92.
- Sayles JN, Wong MD, et al. The association of stigma with self-reported access to medical care and antiretroviral therapy adherence in persons living with HIV/AIDS. Journal of General Internal Medicine. Oct 2009; 24, 1101-8. Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11606-009-1068-8. Accessed July 30, 2019.
- Paying for HIV Care. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, HIV.gov. https://www.hiv.gov/hiv-basics/staying-in-hiv-care/hiv-treatment/paying-for-hiv-care-and-treatment. Published February 15, 2019. Accessed July 30, 2019.